Thursday, January 29, 2009

My drive home


Today I had a few meetings in Temecula and also I had to scout a portrait location at a house near the edge of wine country. So when I was done I decided to go home through wine country , well on my way home the afternoon light was just perfect and I spotted some cows and bulls on the side of the road with some great light hitting them. I stopped and made a few exposures, The problem was that they saw me and the "alpha" bull (I'm not really sure what you call a leader bull) kept standing in front of the rest of the cows so I ended up with a bunch of two butted bovines.
On my way back to the car I spotted a bicycle tire stuck in the ground on end with this really nice green field behind it. So a made a few more exposures and got back int he car and decided to head home. Well as I crossed Winchester Road ( a rural highway that leads from Temecula to Hemet) I saw a huge wall a darkness to the north, at the edge of Menifee and the town of Winchester . With the winds picking up today I wasn't sure if it was just dust of a fire, so I decided to take a closer look.

As I got near the area I could quickly tell it was the wind picking up dust, but it was powerful enough to knock power in the area twice and the two traffic lights I had to go through in the area where out. All and all I think it was a fun drive home.

No comments: