Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Hunt







Yesterday morning I had an assignment to cover an Easter egg hunt at a local park. This assignment seemed pretty straight forward and simple however its been a year or two since I shot an Easter egg hunt and I had forgotten how much energy those little hunters have.

Another local photographer Paul Gallaher was also there, and I think we both realized at about the same time that the plans we had formulated to photograph this event were not going to work. So after the first group of kiddos (4-year-olds) laid waste the close to football sized field of eggs in a matter of seconds, we both regrouped and made new plans on how to get the images we wanted.

So after about two or three age groups of kids I finally had the rhythm of the madness down and got away with some pretty nice images. Also Paul and I had a little fun snapping some photos of each other trying to make our pictures.



Here is Paul laying in wait and probably hopping not to get trampled.

No comments: