Monday, August 29, 2011

Do I smell smoke?

Today I was working out of my office keeping an eye on the scanners for anything going on. When Reports started to come in of a fire started by a car, I saw the area it was in and didn't really think it was close enough to travel to.



So I kept an eye on it for a couple of hours and then a new fire started, this one within located about a ten minute drive from me. So I loaded up my fire gear, jumped in the car, and followed the smoke to the fire! There weren't a lot of flames that I could see becuase the smoke was being held down near the ground.



Due to that I spent the first 10-30 minutes just trying to find any sign of flames. After a little while I decided to drive further down the road to an equestrian center that had been the main concern for firefighters.



I followed a convoy of horse trailers to the center, they were sent to rescue the horses that were at the
facility.



Once I got to the property I found about seven or eight horses in a pen as flames were burning the opposite end of the pen. After about twenty minutes a group of people got access to the pen and started to rescue the horses. The good thing about this fire was that it burned a lot of brush a few outbuildings, but for the most part caused no real damage. Click here to view a few shots from today

4 comments:

John Roberts said...

Andrew, you captured some great photos and coverage. Would you mind if I shared this on Dorland's Facebook page?

jill Roberts

Andrew said...

You want to share a link to this page, sure you can do that.

Anthony Carrasco Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anthony Carrasco Photography said...

Absolutely love your spot news photos.