Thursday, August 14, 2008

Comic Con 08







So this post is a little over due but I really wanted to share my experience covering the San Diego
Comic Con. It took place July 24th-27th and it was an absolute mad house! It was sold out weeks before the doors even opened and saw around 100,000 attendees! I went last year and I have to say the amount of people seem to have doubled. With a majority of the focus being shifted from the comics and more toward Hollywood's next blockbuster. The true nature of the event seems like it is being lost! On the photo front you'll never find a place with more photo ops on earth, every time you turn around there is some new super-hero doing something human, it s truly a great time! I just hope they do something about the amount of people they allow per day. It saddens me to to say this but I think the convention has really out grown the town that gave birth to it!

No comments: