Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Harvest time






Well I shot this about two weeks ago but I haven't had a chance to post so I am doing it now

When an editor from a publication I regularly shoot for, contacted me about doing a 6a.m. Saturday assignment I wasn't to excited, but when she told me it was in wine country I had a hope it might be something to do with the ongoing grape harvest in wine country and my hope can true! I have lived in the Temecula Valley for over ten years now and have never had the opportunity to see the grapes get picked so this was a real treat. I arrived at the winery just before 6 a.m. with just enough light for me to get a feel for how the picking takes place and to give me some time to think about how I was going to shoot it. I already knew I wanted to get a shot of one of the workers unloading a basket into the gondola with a bit of motion blur, but other then that I was just going to wing it! As the light got better I noticed I could see the workers through the other side of the vines they were picking, so I found a good open spot in the vines and waited for one of the workers to fill the frame and clicked away. All and all I was very happy with the way my shots turned out that day, and it was really great to see the process happen.

No comments: