Monday, July 11, 2011

The B Sides

This evening I had an assignment to photograph some autistic children taking part in an art class. The light was just perfect, everywhere the kids weren't. So I decided to spend a few minutes making a few images of this wonderful tree with a swing on it. This also gave the kids a little time to get into their art projects without me being this looming presence trying to photograph them. So as I started to make pictures of this tree, a little girl showed up and started playing on the swing, and I thought to myself, wow this can't get any better, well I was wrong. Out of nowhere came this little guy who turned to the camera at just the right moment and gave me this great face. These images are representations of why some of my favorite work has nothing to do with the things I am paid to photograph.



No comments: